Channel Islands Hiking, Day Trips and Picnics
Create your own tailored 2 hour to full day trips to one or more of the Channel Islands.
Go Ashore and Explore the Channel Islands
Doug’s Channel Island Tours offers 2 hour to full day charter boat trips to the Channel Islands for you to explore.
The Channel Islands National Parks offers hiking and day trips to various islands. Hiking and day trips are available on Anacapa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Santa Rosa Island, San Miguel Island and Santa Barbara Island. The National Park Service governs that land to ensure preservation to the lands and the wildlife. The NPS has regulations and laws to help keep the islands in their pristine conditions.
To prepare for your hiking and day trip, you must bring your own water and food. There are no services for food or water on the islands. Normal hiking safety tips should be followed, and it is important to avoid cliff edges as they may be crumbly and unstable. And of course, you carry out everything you carry on – nothing can be left behind.
Charter Boat Excursion Details
- Book 2 hour to full day trips to the islands
- Our 32 foot charter boat carries up to 6 passengers and your hiking gear
- We only book trips on the weekends and most major holidays (weather permitting)
- Trips are affordable and can be customized to your interests
- Choose your start and end times – tailored to your needs